Saturday, June 5, 2010

A secret place


I want to find a secret place...somewhere that no one knows about..Do you suppose there are really magical places like there are in movies? I guess if there were we would have already heard about it by whoever discovered them, but if I were to discover a magical place where dreams really do come true I don't think I would tell a soul....you may think this is selfish, but suppose I did tell just one person..then that person would go and tell another person and so on and so forth until the whole world knew of this magical, secret place and it would no longer be a secret. Then as time went on and the world with all its corruption took hold of the place..it would soon lose its magic because if everyone knows about it..then it wouldn't be so magical..it would be ordinary..lol Wow..I do prattle on forever about nothing don't I? :) Anyhoo, If I did find a magical place, I hope it would not be a pixie land...like rainbows and sunshine and shit like that..I would rather have a mysterious place that was dark and had a warm breeze flowing through the willow trees while a light mist gently sprayed onto my face with the wind....That would be my ideal place...where horses run free, but yet they still love to be ridden and come right up to you so you can ride them...where you can jump off a towering cliff, spread your arms, and fly! Where you can dance on the surfaces of all the lakes and ponds..yes..even the ocean..without fear of being eaten by a shark or drowning. Where the meadows and trees go on forever and you can run for miles and never tire..I felt like that once..I was in a field and I saw a rabbit and I decided to chase it...I took off running and that is the most free I have ever felt in my life..I felt like I would never have to stop for air..There was a wonderful warm wind going that day and every time my feet left the ground it seemed the wind blew just then and carried my feet swiftly across the field..I would almost swear I must have covered a mile in a matter of seconds...I truly felt like I was nearly flying and that if it weren't for the accursed gravity I could have sprung from the ground and glided across the field! Oh, to go back to that day..I will never forget it!! It brings a smile to my lips just to think about it...

1 comment:

  1. What if there were a magical place? What if there were people who knew of it, but who could never tell anyone because of the point you made in your post? What if it were not specifically a place, but a state of mind? A sort of zen. My zen is definitely in musick. Especially violin/piano musick. When I escape into a melody of piano/violin musick, I am taken to a world all on my own. A place of absolute solace. There, I have the power to do as I please. Maybe you should search for your zen and surround yourself with that zen. Let it take your mind from this place even if for only a few minutes a day. Maybe that could be enough to give you the strength and the courage to face the day. Musick is my magickal place...where is yours?

    ReplyDelete