Saturday, June 5, 2010

The angel of my heart...


I watch his chest rise and fall as he breathes...deep in his beautiful slumber land...he is my heart, my angel...the guardian of my soul..and the thing that keeps me from my doom. He is so small and so innocent and yet he is my foundation, the one thing that keeps my pedestal intact. His big, beautiful, blue eyes gaze at me with such love and happiness that I can't continue being sad for always. When I am sobbing, feeling like I am all alone...he sidles up to me and puts his tiny, soft hand on my cheek and though he can not yet speak a word..his actions speak volumes..as if by that one little touch, the gentle patting of my cheek, he is saying, "there there mother...it will all be alright, I will not abandon you no matter what happens." He is steadfast and unwavering and no matter where I go, no matter what I do he will always be my one and only true and unconditional love. When I wake in the morning the first thing that pops into my head is his small, cherub face...I want to rush into his room and wake him from his sweet dreams in my selfishness to have his attention. His smile warms my heart and cures all illness..everything I do right, I do for him...if there is one thing in the world I am determined not to fail at..it is the care and upbringing of my cherished treasure....I love you darling...for always! ----Your Mommy

1 comment: